JEE MAIN – 2019
NTA JEE Main 2019 (April) Exam Pattern
Examination Pattern for JEE main 2019 (April)
- Admission Criteria to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by participating State Governments, and other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12/equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Exam, JEE (Main).
- The Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programs offered by the IITs.
- The States of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland, and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State Level Exam, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main) - 2019 application form online.
Type of Exam
- JEE (Main)–April 2019 shall have two papers, Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B. Planning). Candidates may take Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B.Planning.) or both as per the course(s) they are seeking admission to.
- The examination will be organized in online (computer-based) mode.
- Type of Questions (Paper 1): The question paper will comprise of objective type questions.
- Type of Questions (Paper 2): Mathematics and aptitude section will be of objective type questions and drawing test will be subjective. The total exam duration will be for three hours.
- The question paper will be asked in English and Hindi language for all exam cities and English, Hindi and Gujarati languages for exam cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
- Four marks will be provided for each correct answer. One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
No. of Questions
For Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech):
- Mathematics - 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Physics - 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Chemistry - 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks
- Total - 90 No. of Questions & 360 Maxi. Marks
Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan)
- Mathematics - 30 No. of Questions & 120 Maxi. Marks.s
- Aptitude Test - 50 No. of Questions & 200 Maxi. Marks
- Drawing Test - 02 No. of Questions & 70 Maxi. Marks
- Total - 82 No. of Questions & 390 Maximum Marks
Timing of Exam
- Paper-I (For B.E. /B.Tech) [Subject: Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry] - Computer Based Test (CBT) mode Only.
- First Shift: 09.30 am to 12.30 pm
- Second Shift: 02.30 pm to 05.30 pm
- Paper-II (For B.Arch./B.Planing) [Subject: Mathematics, Part-I Aptitude Test Part-II] - Computer Based Test (CBT) mode Only
- First Shift/Second Shift: 02.30 pm to 05.30 pm
- Drawing Test Part II: Pen and Paper Based (offline) mode to be attempted on Drawing Sheet