(1) X-rays were discovered by scientist Roentgen thats why they are also called Roentgen rays.
(i) A source of electrons
Coolidge X-Rays Tube
Properties of X-Rays
(1) X-rays are electromagnetic waves with wavelength range 0AA – 100Å.
(2) The wavelength of X-rays is very small in comparision to the wavelength of light.
(3) X-rays are invisible.
(6) X-rays carry no charge so they are not deflected in magnetic field electric field.
(7) λGamma rays < λX-rays < λUV rays
(8) They are used in the study of crystal structure.